View Single Post
Unread 10-03-2022, 09:56 PM   #1
G.T.
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,581 Times in 989 Posts
Default Like fighting the invisible man!!

Hi to all, well, sometime it just doesn't pay to get up in the morning! But, while range testing my artillery I was beset bt a host of other problems, and the worst of it is, i don't know what is the cause?
It started with noticing a bump on the receiver right above the extractor relief, and then I noticed the RH side ot the extractor cut on the breech block had a bit of a rise to it? I immeadiatly checked the firing pin retainer area, and it was fine? The extractor itself showed some metal movement on the LH side stop. My first thought was ammo that was too strong, but I quickly dismissesd that because over powered ammo would affect other aspects of the luger and would have no mechanical change where the extractor is concerned. So, I re-checked the head space, and it was perfect. So, in my mind, I could only suspect the firing pin protrusion, and a random primer piercing. I measured it and found it to be about .007" over the max. I have now adjusted that to middle correct .045" protrusion. Soooo, my question is, has any other forum members had this issue and the beginning of catastrophic failure? Anyway, the chase continues... best, til....lat'r.....GT...
G.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 2 members says Thank You to G.T. for your post: