View Single Post
Unread 01-21-2018, 09:50 AM   #6
DonVoigt
User

Thanked 4,348 Times in 2,038 Posts

Thanks Dave.
I'll be sure to post when I have it.
New or more correctly a new auction house for me- we'll see how their customer service is.

To your bidding question, I would never disclose my bidding strategy! It is tough enough to sneak a deal in between the dedicated collectors, like you, that peruse nearly all auctions! And then you have to compete with the small and large "luger dealers".

I find it near impossible to buy a bargain at one of the big auctions in the North East, where several dealers show up and buy "stock" for resale.

One never knows how many of "us" were watching or bidding on this particular luger - so your post may or may not have had any impact on this auction; but thanks for the sentiment.

You probably remember I have posted several times that I personally don't believe current or open auctions should be discussed on the board; lots of folks don't agree. I can see the point when a piece is a fake or has a serious flaw - so I'm wishy washy. And if someone posts a piece I like but missed, you can be sure I will take advantage of the new info.

Sounds like that old saying-
All's fair in love and war; until it is your ox that is being gored! or something like that.
The following member says Thank You to DonVoigt for your post: