View Single Post
Unread 01-01-2020, 10:46 AM   #15
Randall_G
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonVoigt View Post
No.
The ejector can be "fit" using a file; or a different one selected.
Some are too "high" and can rub on the inside of the "ear", leaving a rub mark that can be seen on the outside of the ejector.

A little contact makes no difference. Some ejector are so far out of tolerance in thickness or in the shape/size/ location of the projections that they will not snap into their recess.

As it turns out, I had a hard time just getting the receiver on the frame with the first "Polish" ejector I installed. You can see in the attached photo how much the ejector protrudes into the slot. As you suggest, needs to be filed down. I replaced it with the second ejector, which fits better, as shown in the photo in my previous post (1139txt). Still some drag, though.

Both of the Polish ejectors are sitting pretty flat, so rubbing inside the ear is not an issue.

Perhaps my problem is ejectors that are being forced to snap into their recess. I can't speak for the ejector that came with the pistol, but--as I wrote earlier--I needed help from a machinist buddy to fit the SARCO and InterArms ejectors, which included some filing of the tabs. The Polish ejectors did not require any filing to snap into their recess.

Oh, and I tried to install the plum ejectors I bought from Legacy. Same deal--no matter how hard I tried, I could not get the ejector's round tab to seat. In fact, I looked closer last night: upset/shiny metal is visible (see attached photo).

Thanks Don.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1108txt.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	78646  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1141.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	78649