View Single Post
Unread 01-27-2019, 02:24 PM   #57
Rick W.
User

I now shoot "some" real 30 Luger, and a lot of 7.65x19(9mmx19 necked up to 30 caliber wildcat); both in Lugers. The wildcat is in my own barrels fwiw.

My only range at this time is an indoor range near the house. They let me shoot for free Mon-Fri because of their recognition of my previous lifestyle. A fairly tight group as to safety etc, needless to say is a public range with range officers etc. So you get to shoot, but no extras as to trying to save brass, tables, cameras etc. You can run a sock if you want, but has to be the right sock and right gun sorta speak.

Life has been reasonable to me in many respects. I would not think that my friends or enemies think I am a tightwad, but leaving a ten spot or more on the floor for every box of 30 Luger shot; just is not in me. If you shoot a lot, maybe more meaningful, than just shooting a box a year or so.

I am limiting my shooting of vintage 30 Luger pistols, especially like the 1906 with the 4 3/4; and my bunch of shooting sorta speak with a 30 is always with the above mentioned wildcat. You know, I still pick up all the empties that I can, as there is a forming process to the madness/enjoyment.

I can buy once fired 9mm for 1 or 2 cents per case locally, hence the move to the wildcat on my part. I am lucky that I can do my own work with rebarreling etc; so that cost to me is nothing. My time is free and retiring at 50 says I am right glad of it.....

Sometimes 9x23 is available reasonable, easy to make 30 Luger from such; nicer than from 38 super.

So I am a kindred spirit about loosing 30 Luger brass and moreso in loosing 357 automag brass, especially the norma stuff.

Enjoy the 30, I have shot that 309 jacketed bullet some and seemed to play in my pistols; just a touch expensive to multi-box excursions; but us poor rabbits have to have gas money too.
Rick W. is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to Rick W. for your post: