View Single Post
Unread 01-26-2019, 06:47 PM   #51
Rick W.
User

I am beginning to see some new imports on the original Swiss P210's now, 2-3 thousand range. Not bellied up to the bar yet, but is enticing; these were 9's. Of course, we all want a 22lr, but few and far between it seems. Nicely made pistol, lucky you own one. I have an American P210, it shoots ok, but the quality is down a little compared to the old Swiss made ones to me, my opinion there.

As I recall, and you better check me out on the SAAMI site on dimensional info for the 30 Luger on this side of the big pond, think the neck is 332. One would suspect that the European version might be tighter, I just do not know.

I ran into the 30 Luger tight neck jazz when I was too poor to buy the nicer 308-309 jacketed bullets, and had to buy jacketed 312's for the 30 Luger application. I took Hugh's advice and bought a Lee sizer like you did in 309, seemed to work nice.

If you have some fired rounds from your SIGer, measure the brass at the neck, and take 1 away to see that space number. You as a handloader have to decide what is right for you, but as you know, you gotta be able to let go of the bullet in all firing instances.

I have a SAAMI 30 Luger chamber reamer that I use for new barrels, mainly remington 700 takeoffs, and chamber full length and in a shorter length to be able to use 9mmx19 brass, the old wildcat was noted here on this forum some years ago. No scurrying around for the quarter brass anymore, 9mm's are a penny or two apiece here.

My indoor range nearby only allows plated or jacketed ammo. So to shoot a lot, I had to learn about plated bullets for plinking there, they act differently than the jacketed bullets, but do ok with some care during the reloading cycle. I find that the plated bullet is not the equal in accuracy of the other two types of bullets, but with these eyes it does not matter anymore.

You might check the fired o.d. of a 30 luger case and do the numbers to see if it is ok with you or not. As a handloader, you know about variations in brass neck wall thicknesses etc from lot to lot and from mfg to mfg.
Rick W. is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to Rick W. for your post: