Thread: # 3068
View Single Post
Unread 09-24-2006, 10:03 PM   #5
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts

Matt, the hopefulness of the situation that this Luger will survive the destruction that your government would normally require urges me to suggest that if the decisions of the powers that be go the wrong way and this pistol is not to survive, that you should surrender only those parts that are required by law (normally the grip frame and the barrel/receiver, and your should retain the rest that you can probably legally sell to collectors for restoration of a similar gun. My thoughts and prayers are with you in your efforts to keep this gun in one piece for posterity...

While I for one, would never be able to afford this gun if it were importable into the USA, I would be happy to volunteer to keep it for you on this side of the ocean for you to visit and shoot anytime you had the desire... my offer is of course not entirely unselfish... but you are hereby served notice that YOUR Luger could reside in my home for safe storage for your heirs should any of them ever reside here in the USA, or even just visit the USA...

The best of luck in your endeavor... please keep us informed of your progress and please stay out of trouble...

"...We hold these truths to be self-evident that ALL men are created EQUAL and are endowed by their Creator with certain UNALIENABLE rights, and among these are life, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness..."
John Sabato is offline   Reply With Quote