Thread: Krieghoff P 59
View Single Post
Unread 01-29-2006, 05:33 PM   #1
hqbmw
User

Default Krieghoff P 59

I would like tp share with you Krieghoff P 59 with its two matching cannons; one chambered in 9mm at 100mm in length; the second chambered in 7.65 in 150mm length. Additionally it has two matching magazines.

First, a little history as I know it. P 59 was acquired by a collector friend of mine who specializes in Broomhandles and has some of the finest in existence. He acquired P 59 in the very early 80's while buying, with a partner, a collection of Broomhandles and Lugers. At the end of the purchase, he was offered P59 because his partner had a virtually matching firearm except the chamberings were the exact opposite: the 9mm was 150mm and the 7.65mm was 100mm.

We had been doing shows together for a great time as our backgrounds are extraordinarily similiar, when he showed up with P 59 and offered it to me as the sole Luger in his collection. It had been in his safe since he put it there upon acquisition nearly 30 years ago. Of course, my response once I was able to speak again, was in the affirmative. It isn't everyday that a mint Luger is offered one; and to be a Krieghoff with matching cannons and mags put me into a headspin!

So I now will allow the gun to speak for itself, adding only needed description. Credit must go to Jerry Burney, who took these images and talked me into doing a presentation to The Forum.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	krieghoff p 59 033.jpg
Views:	515
Size:	106.3 KB
ID:	684  

hqbmw is offline   Reply With Quote