View Single Post
Unread 07-23-2015, 01:23 PM   #21
Olle
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayhugh View Post
The ATF says you can shoot an artillery or navy with a shoulder stock as long as it is either an original or an exact reproduction but it has to be an artillery stock on an artillery Luger an a navy stock on a navy Luger, no stock on other Lugers. If they catch you with an incorrect mismatch it could put your whole collection in legal limbo. That's as bad asking the IRS for an audlt.
On the flip side: Don't expect an ATF agent to know the difference, and that could be a good or a bad thing. He could play badass and have you prove what kind of stock you're using, try to find out if your Artillery Luger is a build or if it came like that from the factory and so on, but I think most of them will just shrug and go on. I had a long discussion with the ATF agent when I got my FFL, and his attitude regarding the C&Rs in general was that they have bigger fish to fry. I showed him my Navy build, and his take on it was that nobody would use it for criminal activites anyway, so why bother?

Of course, there's no guarantee, but I think most ATF agents have so much to do with more serious gun crime that they wouldn't look twice at a Luger with any stock. Just my 2 cents.
Olle is offline   Reply With Quote