View Single Post
Unread 07-01-2015, 01:02 AM   #9
DonVoigt
User

Thanked 4,348 Times in 2,038 Posts
Exclamation

Several members here have authored books on the Luger pistol.
The Luger encompasses so much history and information, there is no one book that does it all!

Jan Still has written 5 or more volumes on Lugers and Axis pistols, the volumes cover Imperial,
Weimar, Third Reich, etc.

Ed Tinker and Dwight Gruber have written Police Lugers, which emphasizes German police use, but contains a wealth of other info also.

Ed and G. Johnson have a volume dedicated to Simson made Lugers.

Don Maus has written History Writ in Steel, with emphasis on interpreting and meanings of the
markings of these pistols, and also has much other and general info.

Other books include a three volume masterpiece of all encompassing Luger information, of more than 1800 pages by Goertz and Sturgess.

There are several older books by others that are more general, John Walther's Luger comes to mind.

Sam Costanzo compiled a volume of Luger markings that is indispensable to the serious collector.

There are more I am forgetting to list, my bad memory, I'm not meaning to slight anyone.

My advice would be to read ALL the old threads here and elsewhere, decide what book(s) to buy first and then eventually buy them all.

$1000 spent on books will save you that much on your first one or three luger pistol purchases!
DonVoigt is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 3 members says Thank You to DonVoigt for your post: