View Single Post
Unread 12-23-2009, 12:07 PM   #1
Jasta2
User

Default First Gun show shopping for a Luger-any tips?

It's been awhile sence attending a gun show and in the past I was always just browsing, now I am on a hunt for my first gun show Luger. I do not mind leaving empty handed. Any tips? Best way to tell a reblue? What is the best edge to look at to see it has been overbuffed. I know there are way to many variations and I should study up one whatever type of Luger I am looking for first. My wife is the haggeler in the family. Me I just ask the price and pay if it seems fair. If my wife is offered $20, she will come back with $10 and they meet somewhere in the middle. Not saying if a dealer is asking $2,000, I should offer $1,000 and end up at maybe $1,500. Are dealers flexable with pricing at shows? If I am intrested in something early in the show, show I go for it? or wait untill near closing hoping for a better price with the risk of it being sold? Boy, you guys that sell at shows would like to see me comming! The show is a 'DiPrete Promotions Inc. Gun Show' located in Manchester,New Hampshire at the Radisson Hotel Expo on Jan-9-10. Would love to meet any Luger owners at the show.
Thanks,Bill
Jasta2 is offline   Reply With Quote