Thread: 1913 DWM
View Single Post
Unread 09-13-2004, 05:23 PM   #1
Kent C
New User

Post 1913 DWM

I just had a 1913 dwm 9mm restored by TEDS LUGER STRAWING SERVICE [THOR] The gun was covered in pits ranging from very fine to very deep, And I mean COVERED! The left side and top were in the worst shape. I suspect the gun had sat for many years in its holster [also dated 1913] He was also able to tell much of the guns history! It was used for many years by the Hanover police school,after it came home from ww1. It later was used by the army in ww2 and was captured by a Capt. McCarthy in late 1945. I also have the capture papers with it. With so much known about the gun, it was a shame that it was in such rough shape. So off it went to THOR. And I just got it back!!! It is amazing!!! Like flat new,perfect,untouched, mint!!! Its truly breath taking to see!!. Teds [Thors]skills and profesionalism., are magnifacent!! He is a fine man,and an AMAZING artist. I would strongly suggest that if you have a luger thats in not-to-good-shape, and,or want it to look BRANDNEW!!!Send him a line, hes easy to talk to and to deal with. He offers several different things from light retorations, to dolling up, to complete restoration, with all pits, blemishes,and uglies removed. He then blues to factory original specs. I have a very criticising eye, having restored autos, motorcycles,and varios things through my 41 years. I have only one thing to say about Thors restoration of this gun OUTSTANDING!!!!!!
KENT C
Kent C is offline   Reply With Quote