View Single Post
Unread 09-29-2011, 05:43 AM   #4
Imperial Arms
Banned

Hi Edward,

As the American phrase goes "some people just don't get it". While the critics cannot accept logical opinions and common sense due to having some kind of complex, they fail to give any strong reason for still believing in the crippled 'Russian theory' - instead, they prefer to believe in fiction from wrong sources that satisfies their ego - it is like playing politics where nothing moves forward. How can the critics imagine that such a mistake could be made by a government? It was NOT DWM who controlled the terms of the order - it was the foreign government military. If it never happened with the the dealings of the Mauser factory, why could something different happen with the DWM factory? I suppose that the discovery of much stronger theories can often lead to disappointment which can be a real heartbreaker! When critics take the 'fifth', their silence or spectulation does not win them any ground. Instead, it shows that their opinions are sinking.

What is wrong with mentioning Geoff's name who seems to still believe in the Russian theory and also other wrong stories? Are you trying to make his knowledge and position untouchable because of the size of his collection, the perception of his knowledge, and the intangable support that he gives to various collectors? No, I have not bought his messed-up books and I do not intend to either - I have sorrow for the trees that it wasted!

In regards to my book on the Mauser C96, I am still gathering information to continue building on the accuracy of the information that I shall provide on the subject. For your information, a solid book on a subject where plenty of information has been lost takes time and plenty of research. I am not a person who just snaps some good pictures and throw it all in a mixing bowl with some text. I do consult with other experts and make every effort to visit them. I prefer to be a 'detective' who examines genuine pieces as well as searching for data from surviving sources which usually takes plenty of time and expenses in traveling. Unfortunately, Geoff has ruined his reputation and integrity and he is paying the price for his mistakes. Those people who want to remain on his sinking ship will also get wet!

Albert
Imperial Arms is offline   Reply With Quote