View Single Post
Unread 10-24-2001, 04:33 PM   #3
Thor
User

Default Re: A Tough nut to crack!!!

GT is the best I know of and he has been making wood bottoms for years and he will be the first to tell you the same thing Hogue Grips told me! LOTS of curves, cuts, lots of operations to make a proper one! I guess if you had a programable Computer Controlled Machine it is possible. It never ceases to amaze me how so many attempts do not fit the P.08 pistol! They get close, none but the Nills ever fit really properly! Now their quality control is slipping!

I do think this is a LOT harder to do than it sounds at first glance. Some body on this forum could find a definet NICHE joining the club of artisans including Hugh, GT, Jerry, Dok, Tom Heller and others that provide great work on Lugers and their accessories and parts. There certainly is a market for a quality grip! GT talked about making them at one time, but I think that Idea was put in file 13. This man is incredible and has quite a work load to keep up with the demand for mag bottoms (and other Luger accesories) I think GT more than anyone could vocalize better what is involved in making a PROPER grip! ~Thor~