View Single Post
Unread 02-01-2001, 08:26 AM   #6
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts
Default Bad Fake... But be afraid, be very afraid.

I concur with Marvin that this pistol is a fake. Very Crude artwork. It is definitely a Weimar military DWM that reworked with a very harsh polish job that has nearly removed all markings--INLCUDING the original serial number. This "60" on the side of the receiver is a restamp just before chroming. While close, the stamp is not the same as the original markings elsewhere. Most likely to cover up the fact that the pistol was STOLEN at some point. The sideplate has been buffed so hard as to remove the two digit serial number and the phony addition of a "60" is intended to make this a matching number gun I guess. This pistol now looks like something a pimp would carry.

Ted, if you buffed your reworks like this one was buffed, you wouldn't have any repeat customers.

The only redeeming quality that I could find appears to be a good magazine, that could possibly be a Haenel extruded type. Again if that is the case, the mag alone is worth about half the asking price.

And speaking of Chrome, it looks like it was sent to a bumper shop for refinishing. The current asking price is 300 dollars. If the grips, which appear to be ivory, were not marred by the poor artistic work they might be worth the asking price.

But because of the probability that this is/was stolen, I recommend staying clear of this piece without some proven documentation on its history.

-John