View Single Post
Unread 06-19-2020, 09:08 PM   #22
Sieger
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubs View Post
I've settled on CFE Pistol Powder for .30 Luger, 7.63 Mauser, 7.62 Tokarev, 9mm. .40 S&W and .45ACP. It's has a burn rate slightly slower than Unique according to the burn chart and is very clean. I meter it through a powder measure and my loads are very consistent. I weigh every 10th round and am never off more than .1 grains.

Most electronic scales - yours included - are accurate to within .1 grains plus or minus. That's the same accuracy I get from my measure.

For precision rifle loads, I use an A&D EJ-123 scale that is accurate to within 2/100 of a grain. I run my loads off on an RCBS Chargemaster and then fine tune them on the A&D scale.

I go for accuracy and function. I NEVER push my loads to the max. I've never seen the need to do so.
Doubs,

Most interesting!

I need to discuss your 7.63 Mauser and 7.62 Tokarev loads with you right away (in a private message if you would like). I would be most interested in discussing bullet types, diameters and weights with you.

Where can I purchase the A&D scale you mentioned above?

You may think this is a funny observation, but i have noted that some individual powder flakes can easily exceed .1 of a grain, the larger IMR powder series is a good example, so 2/100 of a grain accuracy seems a bit of an overkill to me.

Respectfully,

Sieger

Last edited by Sieger; 06-20-2020 at 03:25 AM.
Sieger is offline   Reply With Quote