View Single Post
Unread 04-17-2002, 07:27 PM   #19
John D.
Administrator
& Site Owner
LugerForum
Patron

Default That won't happen.

The policy isn't going to change. I think most people - including lawyers - understand the difference between posting substantiated opinions based on first hand knowledge ("Joe Schmoe ripped me off..and here is what happened.." (and being responsible to share both sides of the story)) rather then diatribes such as the earlier post which was nothing more then a "rant" on what someone thinks they may know based what they were told third hand - or even read on another web forum... Give me a break.

This isn't the "National Enquirer" of gun discussion forums, Bill - this is a forum to discuss Lugers - and if someone wants to post second-hand "he's a scum bag cause my friend told me that a friend of his...", let them do it elsewhere. If someone has a good or bad first-hand experience with a buyer/seller - feel free to post it here - but be ready to share all the details รข?? even the details that may not support your side. Such is the nature of public posting.

In so far as all your questions regarding liability, they are terrific questions, and have been debated throughout the State Supreme courts and Federal Court systems for years. However, operating a website in a manner consistent with it's stated content policies and even with the implied and guaranteed protection under the Federal Governments CDA - it's a lengthy subject. Needless to say, having run interactive, non-moderated sites going on to 5 years - I'm probably pretty much aware of the liability issues involved.