Thread: Auction Luger
View Single Post
Unread 04-17-2002, 06:34 PM   #17
bill m
User

Default Change your policy

Hi John and John,

Although I see your concerns, I feel this forum is suppose to be to share Luger information, new purchases, new information, all Luger related information, including bad experiences. I'm not a lawyer and actually do not have much use for them, smiling, but understand the concerns about law suits and libel suits, slander, and ect., but really feel if you are going to allow posts on praising dealers and recommending certain business people, then you should allow negative feedback also. Personally, I do not think it is right to promote certain people or dealers just because one is a good friend of them, or has had a satisfactory business dealing with them. Not all dealings are positive no matter how good one's reputation is. I have no problem when a question is asked to give the poster a name, but I do not think it is correct for the Forum to basically sponsor, support, suggest, recommend, and promote certain people or business's, and then not allow others to post feedback which suggests a different reaction. Isn't the Forum libel in some way if the people they sponsor, or recommend, and as a direct result of this, are brought into some sort of litigation? In this thread, you have responses saying this gun is not correct, which makes you in some way libel, doesn't it, if it doesn't sell? I'm confused, as it is considered okay to tell someone a gun is a fake, or messed with, or not correct, but not okay to say the businessman's name? You're the boss John, I respect that, and how you want it will be the way it is, just wanted to give you a slightly different opinion on this matter. - bill m