View Single Post
Unread 04-23-2002, 05:58 PM   #11
tom
User

Default Re: WHY NOT USE PRIVATE ENTERPRISE?

In the last several years, I have noted a rise in the "closed" gun shows. These shows, usually privately sponsored by a group such as a regional chapter of NAPCA require advance registration and identification to enter and a pretty stiff admission charge. What you get for this additional expense and hassel is usually a very high quality show (no crew served knives, bumper stickers, beanie baby and beef jerky concessions) and the ability to "let down your guard" somewhat...leave guns with someone or unattended as you brouse what is out and on display or FS.

I believe that this will ultimately become the venue type of the future for our hobby as we are forced to adopt a siege perspective.

(Rant switch to On position) The PC liberals of Montgomery County in the PRM (Maryland) have been attempting to ban the use of county owned facilities for gunshows for some time; as the curse of PC "liberalism" spreads like cancer across the country, things will only get worse. (Rant switch to Off position).

My zwei pfennig

Tom