View Single Post
Unread 08-10-2005, 09:22 AM   #23
John D.
Administrator
& Site Owner
LugerForum
Patron

Hi Guys....

We are getting "really lost" here - by "munging together" (my word ) several HK variations.. Let me try to explain....

HK reworked many types - the majority were DWM Lugers in the "i" range. These "reworks" are very different then their "commercial" series.. OK - so let's put aside their "commercial series" for a moment and focus on their "reworks".

These will have a CROWN N, again - on either the left side of the receiver only (for a vertical CROWN N) or 2 CROWN Ns if they were horizontal (on on the left of the rail and one on the left of the receiver). Some "reworks" may also have the original toggle and NOT have *any* CROWN N, and may have an encircled HK and/or other stampings...

With me so far??

Now - what Simpsons sold is NOT what Walt has - and the two are very different..

What Simpson's has: Some reworks will also have an E/2 on the RIGHT side of the receiver - but that is NOT a CROWN N (which, on the HK on Simpson's site) the CROWN N again - appears on the LEFT side of the reciever and rail (and since it is horizontal, BOTH rail & reciever have the CROWN N..). In fact with both the CROWN N and the E/2, Simpsons does have a fairly rare rework variation...

What Walt has: I'm not sure yet??!

Anyway - I hope this helps!!

John D.
John D. is offline   Reply With Quote