Unread 03-23-2021, 01:56 AM   #5
ithacaartist
Twice a Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,476 Times in 1,319 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gudabeg View Post

I've been mostly looking through the internet, but it seems like most Lugers tend to at the least be low grade collectable (starting around 2 K for Dutch pistols). Would it be better to broaden the search to simply Lugers of any kind to get more "shooter" ones (though at that rate it feels like I should just get an FN Browning 1922 to shot and later on get a nice Luger to collect)? Or do they tend to show up in private sales (e.g. private dealers, forum members, etc.) more?
Perhaps you'll be lucky enough to come across a shooter grade KNIL, one never knows. If you were paying for it here's what I'd do. Grab an FN Browning to be able to do the occasional heritage shooting with the rifle first thing. Next, get a shooter Luger, which you can shoot as a stand-in for the KNIL until you can afford it. Be forewarned, one's first Luger can be the entry level drug to quite an addiction!