View Single Post
Unread 07-28-2011, 02:09 AM   #15
Sieger
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptCurl View Post
Has anybody tried the Ranier 100 grain bullet? It looks like a great possibility to me:

Reading the Midway reviews leads me to believe the plating on these is rather robust and will stand up to the velocities attained in the 7.65 Luger.

I am a veteran reloader for 45 years and many calibers. My very first caliber to reload was the 9mm Luger using a Lyman 310 tool!

I'm yet to try my hand with the 7.65 Luger. I have dies but have a hard time getting momentum because I think about chasing after those damn little expensive pieces of brass. Reading the various posts on this forum makes me want to give the little bottle neck a try.

Some additional questions:

Does the heavier bullet present a problem with sight regulation?

What's the downside to using the 100 grain bullet?

Does anybody have a "Pet Load" for the 7.65 using 100 grain bullets? I know the drill: Start low and work up. My mileage may vary.

Thanks in advance,
Curl

Rainier LeadSafe Bullets 32 Caliber (312 Diameter) 100 Grain Plated Flat Nose

Midway P/N 889567
Hi:

Now this little bullet really looks interesting to me!! Good find!!!

One question, how is the weight consistency of these? Are they a quality product?

I don't think a seven grain differential in weight would be material as far as sight regulation goes, as I've never really had a problem between 115 and 125 grain 9mm bullets. Possible down side of 100 grainers vs. 93 grainers, nothing in my book.

If I were loading these, here is where I'd start.

OAL: 29mm

Powder: SR 4756

Charge Development Range: 4.8 grains to about 5.6 grains

I'm going to order some of these, right now, for my own handloading development.

Hope this helps!

Sieger
Sieger is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to Sieger for your post: