View Single Post
Unread 10-30-2001, 07:08 AM   #2
Marvin
User

Default Re: No GUN shows this last weekend???

Yea, there was one in Ft. Pierce, Florida. I was able to finish work a little early and I went to the show on SUnday. There was plenty of new pistols and rifles, some Yugo Mauser rifles, but only one Luger! It was a 1917, all matching except magazine for $475. When I saw this one my eyes did light up, but when I looked at it close, it had been reblued. A VERY good job of rebluing and worth the price (not import marked).

There was a Walther "ac 41" with high polish blue, about 90% condition, with a 1942 holster and a post war spare mag for $1,000. The dealer said this was rare with the high polish as he had not seen this year with a "commercial" finish. He also said it was ALL matching, but the magazine was not even numbered. I didn't argue with him on this point. He said if it did not sell at the show he would put it on an Internet auction and get $1,200+ for the rig.

A few post war P.38's, a Russian Korovin, and a German Ortgies.

I am really getting disapointed at the gun shows! The dealers want more for Lugers & P.38s than they are worth. I still keep seeing the same guns at different shows so appearently no one is buying them.

Marvin