View Single Post
Unread 12-15-2016, 10:09 AM   #12
Eugen
User

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by RShaw View Post
Hi Eric, Mario, Marc, Eugen, and Richard,

Thank you Marc for your time and your observations... AND your book suggestions! We have a good outlet here where I can order virtually any book in print. Can't wait.... I am already experiencing the fun of exchanging ideas and seeing history come alive... of seeing excellent collections and talking to experts- purely as a result of this forum- in many ways more rewarding than working with these handguns themselves- as interesting as they are in their own right...

We are going to the Belgian Ardennes soon... I hope to go to Bastogne again on this trip. I will take photos (if they allow it) and post them here... perhaps can find some interesting literature, or even some Luger user manuals or other similar things..... Will also visit the War Museum in Overloon; that's 30 minutes from here and I haven't been there since they renovated the whole place. A Sherman tank, half tracks, Jeeps, uniforms, all kinds of cool stuff. Bye for now....
RShaw, you got good advice to buy reference books. I think I spent over $700 on recommended books in my first three months of ownership.

Oh, and I am jealous about the itinerary of your trip. I can't wait to hear about those places and see your photos.