View Single Post
Unread 02-10-2001, 10:40 PM   #15
Dok
RIP

Default I for one, am reading the thread...

and see both sides of the issue. I think Kyrie's point of view speaks clearly on behalf of the collecting part of our hobby, and any possibility of corruption of a weapon howsoever caused should be avoided at all costs.

I am a shooter, and I doubt if I will ever own a truly valuable Luger, because my primary desire is to shoot. Yet the appeal to have all my numbers match, is there, whether that is some subconscious charade (me fooling myself into believing I have a Luger that is better than it is) I'm not sure, but certainly if I could easily swap my mismatched numbered parts the temptation would be great. (I hasten to point out the temptation wasn't THAT great - to pay $75 more for all matching at purchase)

At the end of the day, I think that this debate has no clear answer, and each of us has our own point of view, a point of view which is correct perhaps for each of us based on our own circumstances. As I've said before to discuss these issues inj the forum is important, as they cause us to reflect (when perhaps we would not) on an alternative point of view, and at least understand a little a view other than our own.