View Single Post
Unread 06-15-2020, 10:27 AM   #10
ithacaartist
Twice a Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,476 Times in 1,319 Posts

Thanks for this linked forum thread, Geoff!

The idea has been around for a couple of years, I've noticed, which corresponds with these postings from 2018. From what I've gathered, this fix seems effective.

There's a YouTube of a guy reaming his chamber so that the round drops right in instead of meeting the resistance, but there's not been a follow-up video of the results. I've been planning on this fix for quite a while, but unsure of which design of .22lr chamber reamer to rent/buy--there are about 2 dozen different sets of specs for them, many named for the specific rounds they're for. Perhaps this info is contained in the thread, which I've bookmarked for reading in its entirety later.

I have several small frame Llamas in .22lr, and they seem to display the same hesitation to function without similar jamming. I'm fairly confident that since they were also made in Europe, it's the same deal.

edit: I went through the entire MD Shooters' thread, and it turns out the YouTuber is among their ranks, and he reported his successful results in the thread! I joined up in order to leave a cautionary comment about using Stingers of Velocitors, which are "hyper-velocity" rounds. They're energetic enough to bottom out the action, slamming its components against each other. The excessive impulse will result in breaking the "ears" on the front of the front toggle link right off. (Bob's in Arkansas and I offer the links for under $50.)