View Single Post
Unread 08-13-2017, 05:18 PM   #24
Rick W.
User

Bill,

I too was taught on occasion to use the 6 o'clock hold, I hold on the bottom of the black where I get to shoot. One never knows how others "hold" their sights.

Some people are just natural shots, about all I can say on some folks I have known. A bit unorthodox in their methods with pistols they were, but one cannot take away their ability to shoot very accurately and resultant hits.

Guess the old Luger was really intended as a battle pistol,when all was said and done. Sometimes in those circumstances, sights are not really necessary. Remember instinctive shooting lessons in the service, quick kill I think it was referred to?

As you know, if a pistol does not shoot the way one wants, there are always methods to move the poi, some easy to do, some harder to do.

I guess it is interesting from a historical point of view of what was intended in the original design, ie read the books senerio like I have been told before here. But if a Luger does not shoot the way I want it to, I modify it until it gives results that suit me.

Who am I to say how one should shoot really? Just kinda glad people still shoot at all in these times. Hold of the sights vary with folks, along with the point of impact.

Thanks for your knowledgeable response.

Rick W.
Rick W. is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to Rick W. for your post: