View Single Post
Unread 04-17-2019, 10:41 PM   #235
G.T.
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,581 Times in 989 Posts
Default Recent Range test!!!!!

Hi To all!!! Well, without stepping on any ones toes, I want to bring everyone up to date on what has transpired since my last post on the .45 Luger function and reliability.... Again, the disclaimer, if you have any issues with your .45 luger, Eugene is the fellow to contact! … Ok... we're past that now....
So, here is what I discovered, the .45 recoil spring was just a tad long and as a result over strength, which didn't allow for full recoil and other subsequent functions?... Soooo, I clipped one full coil from the spring, was 18 coils, now 17, and "boom" 100% function with, Winchester .45 military classic 230 gr. ball ammo....
I did try to reduce the magazine spring strength so it would be user friendly, but it was a certain failure to eject trap, very similar to issues I faced with the snail drums?... I did stretch the original, as issued follower springs to get it as close to designed as possible... I feel there is some room for serious improvement in this area as it is practically impossible to load the mag without the loading tool... So, five shot strings went off with out a hitch, probably shot 30 plus rounds with out any issues... Really fun to shoot.... best to all, til….lat'r….GT....
G.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 5 members says Thank You to G.T. for your post: