View Single Post
Unread 03-04-2019, 05:28 PM   #224
Lyn Islaub
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thx for all the input on lubrication options, although I tend to side with Don regarding oil being sufficient. Here in Arizona, there's not much worry about corrosion so I store all my Lugers with just a light oil on the rails and the trigger pivot. Never had an issue shooting any of them. and I've fired a hundred or more.
Regarding Eugene's Lugers; I went over to GT's place this morning and reviewed his findings and they appear spot on (no great surprise there). The magazines need tweaking in the feed lip area so that they will feed more consistently (or at all) and the hold open spring is too weak. GT has modified his Luger accordingly and is kind enough to take mine on too.
I haven't heard from Eugene and have not tried to contact him. GT has spoken to him, but Eugene does not appear to take much outside advice, or at least that appears to be the case.
I suspect that at this point in the production cycle Eugene is happy to test with a set of "standard" magazines that he knows will work for testing and probably not the magazines that end up shipping with the gun. He said quite clearly that he tested my pistol with 200 rounds and unless it was at one round at a time, he couldn't have done it with the magazines I received. I'm not overly concerned, because I have complete faith that GT will overcome the problem and mine will become a tack driver too. The upside for anyone experiencing similar issues with their Golubtsov 45s is that GT can fix what ails them.
In closing, thx Vlim for making my day.
Lyn
Lyn Islaub is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 5 members says Thank You to Lyn Islaub for your post: