Unread 01-28-2014, 04:26 PM   #40
rhuff
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sieger View Post
Hi,

Mike and I have spoken more than once, over the years.

For me, his articles are quite good regarding the history of a particular firearm and his wife is a fantastic photographer, but his articles lack the depth of precision I particularly enjoyed from, say, Ken Waters.

On the laughable side, in one of the articles he wrote on military pistol handloading, he, admittedly, couldn't get his 9mm Luger to shoot without constant jamming. Again, obviously, he has no depth of experience with nor understanding of this particular firearm's design, yet, he writes as an "expert" anyway.

He now, by the way, has proclaimed himself an expert on the military firearms of the two World Wars. Well, good luck to him, but from those of us who have been precision handloading for military firearms for decades, quite a bit of depth is lacking in his work, here, as well.

It seems like the old timers have past into history, pretty much the same as everything else has now a days.

Sieger

I do not know the gentleman(Ventrino) personally, and have never spoken with him on the phone. I do know that the first Luger that he purchased was a 30 Luger caliber, and he could never get it to run correctly. He sold it, and purchased a 9mm Luger. Apparently, he can get this Luger to preform reliably.

I was just trying to help out with some additional loading data for the Nambu. ANY handloader that is willing to take a loading "recipe" off of the INTERNET(non-factory powder company load) and use it without double checking it, is a fool as far as I am concerned. Perhaps I am overly cautious, but I still have all of my fingers, and both eyes!!
rhuff is offline   Reply With Quote