sheepherder
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 4,438 Times in 2,327 Posts
Default Revision 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhuff View Post
I believe that there are also some loads for 8mm Nambu in a past edition of Handloader Magazine. Mike Venturino writes articles for that magazine, and he owns and shoots a Nambu. If I recall correctly(always a real question), he is casting his own bullets. I will see if I still have that edition. Usually, if the magazine has no information of interest to me, then I discard it after reading it.....otherwise I end up with waaaaay too many magazines.
I drag mine over to the local gun club. Someone will read them. I've seen Venturino's byline occasionally over the years, but don't recall whether I thought he was full of hot air.

I made two new 'mandrels' for the 40 S&W cases yesterday, one for the swaging and one for the tailstock chuck. I wasn't happy with how the rim thinning was going. I went back over my cases and there was a tendency for the thickness to slowly increase as I went through more & more cases. The swaging process in the 30-30 die was leaving a small ridge on the edge of the rim, throwing my 'zero' off. A new primer-centered ram fixed that. I also replaced the Nylon mandrel with a brass one. A quick test run showed marked improvement. I'm going over the other 20-odd test cases to correct the ones that got too thick.
Attached Images

sheepherder is offline   Reply With Quote