View Single Post
Unread 01-28-2014, 12:48 AM   #36
Sieger
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhuff View Post
I believe that there are also some loads for 8mm Nambu in a past edition of Handloader Magazine. Mike Venturino writes articles for that magazine, and he owns and shoots a Nambu. If I recall correctly(always a real question), he is casting his own bullets. I will see if I still have that edition. Usually, if the magazine has no information of interest to me, then I discard it after reading it.....otherwise I end up with waaaaay too many magazines.
Hi,

Mike and I have spoken more than once, over the years.

For me, his articles are quite good regarding the history of a particular firearm and his wife is a fantastic photographer, but his articles lack the depth of precision I particularly enjoyed from, say, Ken Waters.

On the laughable side, in one of the articles he wrote on military pistol handloading, he, admittedly, couldn't get his 9mm Luger to shoot without constant jamming. Again, obviously, he has no depth of experience with nor understanding of this particular firearm's design, yet, he writes as an "expert" anyway.

He now, by the way, has proclaimed himself an expert on the military firearms of the two World Wars. Well, good luck to him, but from those of us who have been precision handloading for military firearms for decades, quite a bit of depth is lacking in his work, here, as well.

It seems like the old timers have past into history, pretty much the same as everything else has now a days.

Sieger

Last edited by Sieger; 01-28-2014 at 02:54 AM.
Sieger is offline   Reply With Quote