Unread 01-24-2014, 11:16 PM   #26
sheepherder
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 4,438 Times in 2,327 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sieger View Post
Where did you get your O.A.L. figure, as it should mirror an original Japanese round, somewhat.
From an original Japanese 8mm Nambu cartridge provided by Ed Tinker, and from data listed in Handloaders Manual Of Cartridge Conversions. 1.244" was the same in each case. Cartridges Of The World has it listed as 1.25"...Close enough.

Quote:
Good luck, and do replace your springs with a fresh set of Wollf springs, as the metal in the Japanese springs is inferior.
Actually, my test showed no practical difference in the Nambu springs and the Wolff replacement springs.

I have no confidence in the Wolff replacement 'standard' springs which I received, as I commented on in my other Nambu thread. I placed an order tonight for their 'extra power' Nambu springs, which I'll test as I did their 'standard' replacement springs.

************************************************************************ ***********
In other news...

I had also emailed both RCBS and Lyman about different questions I had about their products. Lyman has not answered me about that #32362 bullet, but a CS tech at RCBS emailed me that they will send me out a replacement "expander/decap unit" for my #36404 die set...I had asked for the instruction sheet and explained that my expander was oversize for the Huntingtom .321" FMJ bullets...
sheepherder is offline   Reply With Quote