Unread 10-11-2009, 11:10 AM   #9
sheepherder
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 4,440 Times in 2,328 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by policeluger View Post
I run a full time gun smith business, I have two forum Mitchell Lugers here in need of parts for repair and Mitchell will not send the parts for months now, despite saying they would, "real" Luger parts are not interchangable and one customer already got burned trying that route.....you have been warned, is that "extreme".....you want your investment sitting here with the other 2 ?
Whoa there, big fella!!!

My comment was based on my experience with gunsmiths; people who can machine pretty much anything out of a chunk of 4140 steel and heat treat/temper it in their forge and come up with a part you couldn't tell from original...

Sadly, that was years ago...The only shops left hereabouts that will even work on your weapon now are parts changers, not smiths... I suppose that is partly due to product liability...and time involved not being cost-effective...

So you're saying that Luger parts won't fit??? That's good to know...(I thought I had read (when they first came out) that they were made from original prints/specs)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamese View Post
Luger parts are not interchangeable with the Mitchell Lugers........I will attest to that.

Its not extreme....just educating the consumer on the facts and they can make their own choices.
(Hmm...thought thats what this forum is about or at least it has for the past 6 years or so)

Jim
Jim -

I post on about a dozen Forums; some have a rule about "no chatting" in the Classifieds...I thought this was one of them...
sheepherder is offline   Reply With Quote