View Single Post
Unread 10-06-2005, 08:23 PM   #14
Jan C Still
User

RE: prototype gold inlayed presentation Navy Luger

Attempts to contact Harry (Sept. 10) concerning the examination of this gold inlayed presentation Luger by Charles Kenyon have gone unanswered. Forum members examined the photographs of this Luger and spent some time posting their observations. In general, the observations were keen and well thought out. However, they were skeptical so Harry posted his gold inlayed presentation Luger on the other Forum. In most cases, the results were similar. The quality of these observations and replies does great credit to the collectors on both Forums.

I have discussed this Luger in detail with a collector expert that did a hands on examination. He asked that our discussion be kept off record. While I cannot reveal this information, I am at liberty to discuss my opinion of the pistol based on examination of the photographs and the observations of fellow collectors presented on both this and the Luger Forum. Most of the Forum collectors found irregularities in the pistol. Based on my own observations of the photographs and comments by fellow collectors , it is safe to estimate that this Luger is not original and correct

If the Luger is a fake, surely the story of its acquisition by a Army demo man retrieving it from the safe of an estate in Germany is questionable.

Harry, the members of both Forums deserve the courtesy of a detailed reply. Who is the source of this Luger???(What ever happened to your $500 bet?)
Jan
Jan C Still is offline   Reply With Quote