View Single Post
Unread 10-06-2022, 11:03 AM   #8
Mibit911
User

So the dealer said the gun did not have import marks or rebuking or the Russian x on the slide and showed me another Russian capture he had as comparison but did say he believed the gun was Russian captured due to the bakelite grips.
That being said when he fills out his display cards he either puts all matching or all matching except for grips as he is one of those believers that grips get swapped its the metal parts that matter and it doesn't seem he changes his prices accordingly. Like I got a red 9 from him all matching except for grips and holster rig.
When he sold me the gun it was under the assumption it was all matching except for Russian replacement grips and that it was a Russian capture.
I'm finding out now from alot of people that the toggle pin not being stamped is a big issue, yet he swears by it not being one.
And im also having some people tell me they think the side plate was a forced match but I'm unsure about that.
Either way the price I paid as my first luger was considerably more than I should have paid at around 1800 after tax.
Mibit911 is offline   Reply With Quote