Thread: Reno Show
View Single Post
Unread 04-30-2004, 09:19 PM   #1
beachbaker
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Post Reno Show

I attended the Reno show on saturday and sunday and being this was the first show I have ever attended was overwhelmed. I missed the dinner and what ever went on at it, but would like to know what happened between the experts. I have only been collecting lugers about a year now and currently have a byf42 and 2 p-38s. It does seem as though I know less now than I did a year ago!! How did that happen? I could not tell refinished from original as some looked too good to be true. I did however decide to buy the dwm 1914 that Jan Still had for sale. I live in California and had to arrange it through a local ffl when I got back. I sent off my paper work today and have been in touch with Jan through email. I feel very comfortable buying from him as he was the most approachable luger expert at the show. I really enjoyed speaking with him as he freely enjoyed sharing his knowledge. I do have a question that I forgot to ask him. This is a unit marked luger and wondered about what percentage the military guns were unit marked. That is most, all, or some. Thanks, Curt