View Single Post
Unread 07-08-2022, 02:11 PM   #6
cip59587
User

I should perhaps clarify.

When it comes to Lugers I have shot them (both calibers, neither w/grip safety), disassembled them, helped one buddy back when I was in CA 'rejuvenate' his (by cleaning up the mess someone's cold blue attempts had created), read most of the literature ranging from the outdated (Davis, for instance, an older edition my fatherleft me) to current, and including the 3-volume set mentioned which I purchased at a Phoenix, AZ show, some time ago.

In other words I am largely familiar with what I am looking for, the appropriate markings and stamps, straw vs. blue vs. a botch refurb job, etc. With as someone pointed out, the cost, in mind, a .30 calibre/7.65mm is still completely acceptable to my view. If you prefer 9mm that's your preference, and I am stating very firmly here I am completely open to a 7.65mm - this would not be a self-defense weapon generally as there are about two dozen various items I'd grab before this, so if it ends up at the Luger...well, I'll probably still have the Vest Pocket and Baby Browning behind it, but I hope you get the idea - it isn't a small collection, and this isn't intended to be a 'perfect collector piece' or a daily carry. Just a nice, numbers matching, well-shooting piece of materiel.

I merely asked about Chuck's as my cousin mentioned he was in getting a new sling for his deer gun (Winnie 94; the boy will never deviate) and in chatting they mentioned to him (I assume he made a remark on one on display) that the few on display were about to be inundated by 30-some-odd brethren of various vintage.

Please everyone understand I DO thank you all for the advice however - it was I who perhaps did not introduce myself properly. Vintage guns aren't just known to me; they're...well, when not at my day job, more or less what I do. I'm just not a social media guy, so never been on a board before. So again, apologies if I did a poor job on that first post.
cip59587 is offline   Reply With Quote