View Single Post
Unread 03-02-2007, 12:40 AM   #15
waltherguy
User

Well.. this is not really a Vet bring back gun story... per-say. I have had the great fortune of meeting a local gentleman who retired as a 4 star U.S. Army General (I will keep his name private). He served under General Patton in Africa and told me a story of Him as a young officer being in charge of keeping a group of German POW's busy. For amusement, he had them goose step through the allied camp on their way out to a work detail of some sort. Just at that time General Patton is driving by and as he put it "Chews me not one, but two new one's." And Patton said something along the lines of "you better act like an officer, or the next time Germans are marching in this camp, you'll see Rommel driving behind them and you'll be the one heading out to a work detail." He also said when General Patton got upset, he screamed in a very High pitch voice. Just a Fascinating man.. what an honor to have met him on several occasions. Of course I asked him if he brought any guns back.. Said he had 2 Lugers.. And both were stolen from his home many years ago.