View Single Post
Unread 05-14-2014, 10:28 AM   #31
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts

The initial production of the Stainless Steel Lugers were compatible with standard Luger magazines. I do not know why, but during the course of multiple company names and production, they changed the magazine design, and the body of the magazine is somewhat larger than the original type. These later examples are NOT compatible with original Luger magazines. An orginal style mag will be too small to fit properly and conversely, the new style magazine will not insert into the grip of an original Luger.

The new model magazines have smooth sides and no fold crimp such as the example above. If you want extra magazines for these later model Stainless Lugers, you better buy them when you see them... cause I don't think anyone will be making any more of them.

Ed, if you still want to own one of these Stainless guns, I recommend you only consider the type that use original Luger mags...

This is the new type mag:

"...We hold these truths to be self-evident that ALL men are created EQUAL and are endowed by their Creator with certain UNALIENABLE rights, and among these are life, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness..."
John Sabato is offline   Reply With Quote