View Single Post
Unread 10-02-2015, 10:58 AM   #24
sheepherder
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 4,438 Times in 2,327 Posts

I got the barrel assemblies back yesterday and this morning I tried to take some pics. Hazy overcast, but too windy. Couldn't stand anything up for pics, so I moved inside. Crappy pics but if I can get good outdoor weather I'll replace these later.

I tried to find some light colored background material in ~ 2' x 3' sizing; Wal-Mart had nothing, Office Max only had gray foamboard. I bought a 2-pack of that, but it is not a good background. The guns fall over occasionally while shooting the images, and leave a white dent.

The refinishing turned out pretty good. Not quite how I'd wanted it, but beggars can't be choosers.

I left the original receiver 'sights' [notches really] on both pistols, as the uppers are swappable with the OEM ~4" barrel/receiver assemblies. The Nambu as mentioned on pg 1 is in 7.65 Parabellum caliber as that cartridge has approximately the same characteristics of the 8mm Nambu. The Lahti is in 9mm Parabellum and is fitted with the accelerator. Both are fitted with artillery Luger rear sights.

An amusing exercise in fantasy fabrication.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	M40-L1a.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	52315  

Name:	M40-R3.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	52316