View Single Post
Unread 01-16-2021, 04:48 PM   #27
Heinz
User

Ron Woods stated the premise clearly
" However, in all fairness I have to acknowledge the possibility. The best rationale for such an otherwise dubious circumstance that I can entertain is the notion that someone with relatively high authority in the U.S. Ordnance department had sufficient interest and discretionary funds to make an exploratory purchase of the Ideal rig ancillary to the official Luger Test Trial contract. Being a totally commercial transaction to acquire items that then would become government property would tend to support the Ordnance property marking of the Ideal items and a corresponding association of them with the Luger for inventory purposes. I know that is a stretch, but not totally outside the realm of possibility, at least I would like to think so."
Ron knows more about test Luger than I ever will, so I will go with his opinion. When I worked for the Federal government we tested items of personal protective equipment that were bought in small lots by other federal agencies outside of formal testing lots, so I have no problem with the possibility of a purchase of a small lot prior to devoting resources to a full test.
Heinz is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 4 members says Thank You to Heinz for your post: