View Single Post
Unread 09-21-2010, 12:20 PM   #48
newluger
User

CNV,

John in the previous reply used the word priceless.

1959 was the first time that I had ever handled a Luger. I was living in California and working in a pawn shop. Ever since, I have always wanted to own and shoot a Luger. Back then, I did not know about serial numbers nor matching part number. I also thought that the all Lugers were manufactured at the Luger Factory.

Two years ago, I finally bought my first Luger. I didn't pay a whole lot for it, but as far as I can tell, all the parts are matching. I will never part with it. Whenever I show it to someone, I have yet to hear anyone ask;"How much is it worth?" What is really special about my Luger, is that it is a real part of history.

Your mom bought your Luger for your father as a birthday present. Your mom sounds like a pretty remarkable lady. That's the kind of thing that my wife would do, and I think that is a sign of real class.

The fact that your mom bought that Luger for that very special person-your dad-makes it a real family treasure, and to use John's word, it's value is priceless.

Newluger
newluger is offline   Reply With Quote