View Single Post
Unread 03-30-2022, 03:08 PM   #21
Doubs
User

Thanked 1,611 Times in 525 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonVoigt View Post
Doubs,
I have all 4 variations of 1917 L P08 sight configurations myself; they are not tough to find;
just pay attention to the pictures of the many 1917s on auction.

I made it a goal to have an L P08 of each year, with each major external variation and also those with the 1920 PS.
As I noted before, I'm missing one 1918 sight variation and the DWM 1914/1920 PS; I have some "extras" : a commercial version, a Mauser made under French supervision, and a couple Navy marked Artys.
I have in total 17 of them.
I have excluded the "contract" pistols, so I have no Persian or Siamese.
I guess one could say I'm kind of deep in the weeds with the L P08s.
Don, I am impressed by your collection of LP.08 Lugers. My father once owned a 1915 DWM which he claimed was as fine a Luger as he'd ever seen or owned... and he owned a few, including a commercial Artillery in .30 caliber. I think he got the .30 from Stoeger but he's gone so I can't verify that.

My present Artillery models number two; both Erfurts and both unit marked to the same artillery unit. Surprisingly, almost all of my military Lugers are Erfurts.

I seem to have gravitated more to the 1906 models, the latest I picked up two days ago. It's a Portuguese M2 and although I normally don't shoot my 1906's, I made an exception with this one as it has grips and a sear bar from a different M2. I shot it 10 times yesterday at 25 yards. The target was a 6x9 inch steel swinger that I hit 9 times. The missed shot was me; not the pistol. It has an amazing trigger and function was 100% with my HP loads. It's been cleaned and I'll likely never shoot it again. I just wanted the experience one time and it was very gratifying.
Doubs is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 8 members says Thank You to Doubs for your post: