View Single Post
Unread 09-05-2021, 04:15 PM   #6
Military Engineer
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.T. View Post
Hi to all, best guess that immeadiatly comes to mind is the receiver forks were bent or crushed during the re-barrel effort? Take the upper receiver off and make sure the toggle parts perform properly out of the frame... then reassemble and see if there is any interference between receiver and frame.. correct as needed? Maybe not all as simple as that, but that's where I'd start.... best, GT
I might agree, but with rare exception, she was performing very well in the last few years witghout this issue. The gentleman that had it before me mentioned Lugerman as the guy who rebarreled it. I doubt he would have bent the forks.

I will check, though, because for a long time there is a slightly unusualy wear pattern on the rear end of the upper receiver. There is a little resistance to the toggle train going back into the fork when I reassemble. It's always been that way, but never given me the issue before.

I am considering using a finer stone and hand stoning the interior surfaces of the rails in the fork and along the edges of the bolt to smooth up and polish the surfaces.

This is a late WW1 model with rough machine work, and it's already shooter grade owing to the hack job done by someone in the past with the stock lug and the rebarrel, so I'm not too worried about collector value. It's just awfully fun to shoot once in a while but I hate the stickiness of the bolt.

I am also considering main spring replacement, but man...the spring that's in there now is even harder to replace that the one in my Sig 226, so I'm having issues believing it can be the main spring. Once I thumb the bolt forward with just a tap from my thumb, she slams home and fires the next round pretty effectively.
Military Engineer is offline   Reply With Quote