View Single Post
Unread 09-05-2021, 01:32 AM   #1
Military Engineer
User

Default Toggle sticking open

Hi All,

I hope this finds you well. I have a 1918 Ehrfurt Luger, 4". I use MecGar mags and has been rebarreled within the last 8 years. When I bought it, I was informed that it had new springs. I could not verify that, but the springs feel very new, especially after having to put them in about 4 months ago.

The problem is that the toggle sticks in the open bolt position, but it is not the bolt catch that's doing it.

I fire a round and the bolt sticks open. Using my support side hand, I simply use my thumb to push it back down. It goes home and fires flawlessly the next round. The cycle repeats for every round. The problem is within the last two times at the range.

I reload for it and the recipe is this: 115 gr Berry's, 4.0 gr TiteGroup, 1.145 COL Rounds are clocking at about 1080 fps.

I had one batch seem a little hot the other day, so that was when I chrono'd them and that was what I got.

I thought it might be my reloads, so I used factory ammo and got a similar result. I was told Winchester White box is the standard, so if I can find a box, I will try that. Otherwise...does anyone have any ideas?
Military Engineer is offline   Reply With Quote