View Single Post
Unread 10-23-2003, 01:58 AM   #38
Sieger
User

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">Originally posted by Lonnie Zimmerman:
<strong>Sieger; I have an LP 08 that I modified the area where the rear sight was to accept the doctersight from Germany, and it shoots about 1/1/4' at 25 yards with the Winchester 115 gr JHP. I can"t send pictures but Rick Wagner has some of my targets and I have shot with Dwight Gruber. My recoil spring is whatever came with a 1917 Artillery model. Also concerning the Finnish Ammo, I have some VPT 44 ammo, and wrote to them concerning the round and they stated they use the same load today as they did in 1944 and it is 4.3 gr of (I forgot) at 1045 fps.Lonnie</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">Lonnie:

You are a lucky dog to have an LP-08 shooter. Please tell me what a doctorsite is.

You have confirmed what I felt would be the specs. of that Finnish ammo, as this vel. falls squarely in the 1020 to 1076fps. range that I have in all of my original texts(123gr. bullet).

I shot some of this ammo in a P-38 in the early 70s and remember that the powder burned so cleanly, that the cases looked as if they had not even been fired. My cases were all brass and were berdan primed, naturally.

Sieger
Sieger is offline   Reply With Quote