View Single Post
Unread 02-08-2017, 09:31 PM   #9
G.T.
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,581 Times in 989 Posts
Default STRONG mag springs!

Hi to Don and all! The issue springs with the Mauser Parabellums Luger magazines are by farrrrrrr the strongest Luger mag spring ever made?.... So, you can barely load them, and even if not used, they would blow the thermo forming plastic bottoms out, even in the box!!!! The, "Made in Holland" mags are identical, with the exception of the spring has more coils, and is slightly softer?.. The reason for all the mag spring tension?... Well, it comes back to a GT rule of life, "nothing is ever as it seems!" A strong Luger magazine spring covers a lot of Luger issues that a weak magazine spring multiplies....... BUT, It creates issues as well, like hard to load, un-necessary stress on the feed lips and plastic bottom... , range failures, etc. etc..... The GTHQ magazine spring is made to mimic EXACTLY the original Luger magazine spring, and it will not deteriorate over time.. loaded or unloaded?... Mec-Gar is the best Luger magazine yet made, and, the GTHQ magazine follower springs are the only upgrade possible right now.. I'll put a life time warranty on them.. Your's mine, Toms, .... Ok, your's and /or mine... ... best to all, til...lat'r...GT
G.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to G.T. for your post: