Thread: Death Head
View Single Post
Unread 08-10-2002, 02:42 AM   #25
aaa
User

Gentlemen,
Sorry I didn't reply to Garfield, but I will do so now concerning where I purchased the Death's Head. It was bought at a gun show in Kansas from a German militaria dealer. he was not a gun dealer. it was from his private collection. He informed me after I discussed the legitimacy of the gun that he obtained it from a WWII vet. Unknowing of its rareness he foolishly decided to have the gun plated. The previous owner claimed that the vet eventually realized that he had made a mistake. The vet then had the gun refinished. The man that i bought the gun from claimed that this was definately not a fake and was a WWII bring back. I'm currently trying to find out where i can get pictures taken and post them on the forum. I will do this as quickly as i can. Question--Since discovering the forum, I have read about issues of gun values. It is my interpretation that once a gun has been refinished it is worthless to a collector, and only good as a shooter. Is this always the case? Is my gun only a shooter now? If i found a .45 cal luger that had been nickle plated would it be only worth $500 vs. 1 million? Just trying to figure out what my gun is worth if it is legit. what does the forum think?
aaa is offline   Reply With Quote