View Single Post
Unread 10-27-2016, 01:16 PM   #13
spacecoast
User

Quote:
Thanks Alexander - I'll probably do just that as she is a tight shooting sweetheart and although a "mutt" she is unique and a great conversation piece and research project. I plan to contact the previous owner and see what history he might have on the pistol and also with the unrealistic hope that perhaps the "old" barrel might still be around. Right now her head spacing seems a bit off as she won't always lockup but that may be the old leaf main spring is tired - I have a new spring coming and hopefully that will correct things.
It's possible that the 7.65mm ammo might not have enough recoil to reliably operate the toggle and return to battery since the gun was originally 9mm. Obviously it's your gun, but it would be a shame to break something numbered and irreplaceable on that rare frame or receiver by shooting it. I'd love to have an Old Model Shooter, but if I had a Fat Barrel (even minus the correct barrel) it would not be my shooter.

By the way, if you do change out the barrel I would be interested in buying your 7.65mm artillery barrel.
spacecoast is offline   Reply With Quote