View Single Post
Unread 11-26-2017, 08:26 AM   #11
DonVoigt
User

Thanked 4,348 Times in 2,038 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP38 View Post
DonVoigt,

Thanks Don. I've been asked this many times over the years actually. I did start writing a holster book a few years ago. Three big problems are;

1. I don't have the time now.
With my current job, I just am too busy. I am also currently trying to push my wife's career now so I can retire soon.

2. I don't want to help the fakers out any more.
Every time a new book comes out with new found information, there is an immediate following of new "fakes" that match it.

3. I continue to discover new information almost every month.
So writing another book, that would be outdated, or missing information literally by the time it's published is not a good idea IMO, and not something I would want to do.

Thanks,
Matt
Matt,
I sympathize with your "condition", but encourage you to do it anyway.

1- Time- after retirement could work well!
2-True, but that is also true of all such books, I think not a very good reason- even though accurate. If all authors didn't write- we would be really at the "mercy" of fakers.
3-Yes, writing a book garners more and new info immediately.
As an author myself I sympathize, but again is "nothing" better than something? I think not!

And I'll add:
4- Some of what you write will be inaccurate or proven wrong shortly after publishing- comes with the territory.

Your choice of course, but you could do a service to the hobby and all collectors !
The following 6 members says Thank You to DonVoigt for your post: